Greenfield, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: My ex lost my kids to children's services,who didn't even contact me,what can I do?

MY ex(we were never married) and her current were having problems and children's services got involved and took my 2 children from her and gave them to her mother,without contacting me.Her mother decided she didn't want them and cs took them into county custody,again without contacting me.They live in Ohio,me in PA,I need to know what i can do to get my kids out of the system and safe here with me.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Scott Heier
David Scott Heier
  • Canandaigua, NY
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Your question implies that you were never contacted because no one had your correct address. Notice to you was probably completed by "publication" in a legal paper, which is your official notice. First try contacting the social worker handling the case so you can become involved in the children's lives. If you fail to act, your parental rights can be permanently severed. Contact a lawyer for assistance.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.