Who can serve divorce documents on a Rhode Island resident?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Michael L. Mineau Esq.

Answered 2 years ago

Per RI Dom. Rel. P. Rule 4: "Service of all process shall be made by a sheriff or the sheriff's deputy, within the sheriff's county unless otherwise provided by law, by any other person authorized by law, or by some person specially appointed by the court for that purpose..."

Neville Bedford

Answered 2 years ago

Generally speaking, a sheriff or a constable.