Huntsville, AK asked in Employment Discrimination for Alabama

Q: I was terminated from a position and overlooked for a position due to racial discrimination. Should I get a lawyer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William E. Scully Jr.
William E. Scully Jr.
  • Daphne, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: ABSOLUTELY GET A LAWYER. Employment law and the laws related to discrimination in the workplace are very complex and confusing. There are many traps for the unwary. First consult your family attorney, or a lawyer you know, about this matter. Lots of times they can refer you to a good lawyer in the area even if they don't do employment law. You can call the Alabama State Bar for a referral. I don't do employment law in my practice. But if you don't already have a family attorney you could contact me and I'll try to refer you to another attorney who would be equipped to deal with this kind of case. If you click on my name it will take you to my contact page. There you can find information on how to contact me, either by phone or by email. I don't charge for the first 30 minutes of an initial consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.