My husband died intestate. Do his 2 children have to agree for me to be the personal rep. of the estate?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Cedulie Renee Laumann

Answered 2 years ago

Not necessarily. A surviving spouse has authority to seek appointment as personal representative. However, the spouse and children are in the same class / priority line so a child can also seek appointment or challenge the spouse.

While I hope this general legal information helps, it doesn't provide legal advice on the specifics of your situation. You may want to meet with an attorney to get advice related to your particular needs.