I have a warrant for unpaid fines,if I pay the fine will they drop the warrant?

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Jacob T. Will

Answered 2 years ago

It is certainly possible that the court that issued the warrant could drop it if the fines and court costs are paid. However, you should call the Clerk of Courts at the issuing court prior to paying any money to confirm that the warrant will be recalled or canceled if the outstanding balance is paid in full. Some courts may still require you to appear in person to explain your lack of payment to a judge or magistrate.