Do I need family Lawyer? Would this be something regarding a custody law?

More details:

My ex husband and I share custody of our children. But he has sole rights to the designation of primary residency. He now wants to move from Texas to Florida with our kids. I want to petition for him to not move them to Florida. He had agreed verbally not to move the kids out of the state. He wants to move because his girlfriend is not allowed to leave the state of Florida because she is court ordered to live in Florida and Co-Parent with her husband, a daughter they have together(they are separated not sure if they are divorced yet).

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Shawn H. Smith

Answered 2 years ago

You should definitely hire a family law attorney for this. You need to check your decree or final custody order to see if there is a residency restriction keeping them in Texas. If not, you may need to file a modification. Good luck.