Jacksonville, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: I filed to have my case in PA transferred to FL 11 mo ago (it is still in process). Can I get it modified back to then?

I have not been able to modify my case because FL is taking forever to transfer my existing order from PA. I have been paying 100% daycare and health care because of this. Will I be able to get it modified back to the date I filed for support in FL, since I could not file to modify it until it was transferred and could not modify in PA since we both had moved? Do I need to obtain a lawyer?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: If you want to get something done, you do need to hire an attorney. It is a relatively easy process to get it moved to FL, but because you have relied upon the government child support people, a lot of them simply do not know what to do. Get a certified copy of the PA final judgment and file it here. That is if he lives here also.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.