Oologah, OK asked in Energy, Oil and Gas for Oklahoma

Q: Two Questions both in Ok. First in Dewey County, 2nd Roger Mills

1) In Dewey County, i have leased minerals, producing well in a section. Another company drilling in formation below the producing formation. I have depth clause, they says this can happen. However, my existing lease with Chesapeake, expires in NOV 2013. They have first option to lease. My question is, will it be a new lease that I can get paid for, or will I get same %? Again, i have a clause that opens up formations below 100 ft. of production.

2) Newfield Corp. has dirlled well vertical in Roger Mills. Year it's been shut in, horrible well, that was only drilled to hold production i'm assuming. However, sec. to the east, has 1 huge well (900+ bpd) and Apache is drilling a 2nd. in Tonkawa formation. I want to know if there is anything I can do to get interest in my land. Newfield is not capitolizing on this. And I feel i'm loosing valuable $ becuse they are shuting well in, and refuse to move ahead with exploration in different formations.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Howard Berkson
Howard Berkson
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: There is no short or easy answer to either question based on the information provided. Both require inspection of documents (at the very least the leases). The second, in particular, will require face time with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.