Asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: I have a green card for 23 years. With the latest immigration law has anything changed in terms of naturalization?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Madhu Kalra
Madhu Kalra
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Torrance, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you are resident of U.S. for last 5 years and have not criminal history, you can be naturalized. your question is vague and broad, I would recommend that you contact an attorney to discuss facts with more particularity.

Timothy J. Stanley
Timothy J. Stanley pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Mountain View, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: There have been no recent changes in the immigration laws, as Congress has been unable to agree on any immigration reform measures. That said, you might want to become naturalized, as their are certain benefits to being a US citizen, including reducing the chance that you might be deported if a legal issue occurred.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.