Westlake Village, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: I got new H1B petition approved but my wife does not have the new H4 visa stamp (she has old H4 visa). When should she t

Please note today is 07-Oct-2013. I had old H1B stamped from employer A valid till 05-Dec-2013. Now I changed the job and got a new H1B petition approved for 3 years for employer B. I received original papers of new H1B approved petition and I-94 without leaving USA. Now my wife is in India and her dependent visa is having Employer A name which is expiring on 05-Dec-2013. She is planning to come here during mid-Nov 2013. Which is the best thing to do:

1). Ask her to travel here with old H4 dependent visa during mid-nov (with expiry date 05-Dec-2013 for employer A) and then file for her H4 extension?

2). Send her my new H1B original papers and ask her to go for stamping in India for new H4 visa for employer B and then travel here? Thank you so much in advance

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Madhu Kalra
Madhu Kalra
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Torrance, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Option 2

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.