Chardon, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: Father passed and there is a will and leaving everthing to 4 of us and only 3 have been allowed any access to house.

Being harassed to try to hand everything to one person and can't afford legal help to protect my rights. What can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Scott Heier
David Scott Heier
  • Canandaigua, NY
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: A Will is used to distribute property and also to appoint an executor to carry out the terms of the Will. The executor is the one who is in control of distribution of property and the payment of debts. If this is a Will that is being probated, then a complaint to remove the executor can be filed if the executor is mishandling the property. The court schedules a hearing and will determine the outcome.

Lee Thompson agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.