Do I have to provide Heath insurance for my wife if we divorce

You can follow answers to this question by subscribing by e-mail.

Answer this Question

Joseph Bronson Barnes Esq

Answered 1 year ago

NO. In fact you CANNOT keep her on your policy under insurance law.

You do have to offer COBRA through your employer if she is currently insured under your policy (then She pays)

AND, if the court decides, you may have to pay alimony which could go to help pay for her insurance