San Bernardino, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: What are my options?

I entered the usa illegally in 1997 graduated in 2010 have been with my boyfreind for 5 years i have 2 kids and he is a usa.citizen are the kids my record is clean would it be fastet to get matried here and try to fix papers?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Madhu Kalra
Madhu Kalra
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Torrance, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If you entered illegally, you can get married and your U.S. spouse will have to file for I-130 petition on your behalf, upon approval of I-130, you would need to file for I-601 waiver_ Provisional waiver and upon approval of provisional waiver, you would need to apply for consular processing and travel back to your home country to be able to get your green card.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.