Chehalis, WA asked in Criminal Law for Washington

Q: "friend" took several tools/equipment with a discounted price of $1250 has not made any payments. In WA, what can I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Nelson Jolly
David Nelson Jolly
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Mount Vernon, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: This set of facts is probably a civil matter and the perfect venue for this case is small claims court. Hopefully there is a written agreement and proof that the tools were taken but no money exchanged. It’s best to see your local municipal or district court in Washington for a small claims package.

If you’re concerned that this may be a criminal matter (“theft”) then it is best you contact your local police department and file a report stating that this tools were taken (stolen) without compensation. I fear this is more of a civil matter though.

Law Firm of David N. Jolly

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.