Glendale, CA asked in Criminal Law for California

Q: Hi my neighbor keep calling the cops on my family more than 5 years. My 6 years old is traumatized. I need help

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David A. Brooks
David A. Brooks
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Placerville, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You can ask a civil court Judge to give you a Restraining Order. The documents you'd need to file are Judicial Council forms, and available on the internet. You can retain an attorney who will help you with the forms, and also with the supporting declarations. Try to collect as much as you can about previous harassment.

You could also try to get the local DA to file a criminal case for filing false police reports, but the DA has to be able to prove those charges "beyond a reasonable doubt". You would contact local law enforcement, or perhaps contact the DA's office directly.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.