Wilmington, DE asked in International Law for Delaware

Q: About form G325: I am in legal status since I came in 2009, but worked without permit for 2 years on visa, should I say?

My husband (a citizen) and me are applying for my residency. in form G325, there is a question about 5 yr employment. Since I came in the US , I maintained legal status, but worked without work permit for almost 2 yrs. Then I stopped working, and later applied for 1 year temporary work permit - was approved. but now should I mention those 2 yrs of that work in 2010? Or just put that year when I worked with permit?? Thank you!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Snyderman
Charles Snyderman
  • Wilmington, DE
  • Licensed in Delaware

A: The form G325 states that there are severe penalties for falsifying or concealing facts. As an attorney, my advice is to tell the truth. Your application might be denied, but if you conceal the truth, the consequences could be worse.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.