Asked in Immigration Law for Georgia

Q: My husband refuse to file for me we have a son and he refuse to that we leave the country and he wants to divorce now

I am out of status for almost 2 years because he told me he would file for me. I was on a B2 visa when we got married and it expired few weeks after we got married. He refuse to give the authorization for my son to travel with me so I am stuck here illegal not alb to work what can I do??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
John S LaRose
John S LaRose
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Licensed in Georgia

A: It is impossible to say without more facts. You should consult a good immigration lawyer to review your case and advise you an your best course of action.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.