Dallas, TX asked in Personal Injury for Texas

Q: I had a civil case scheduled before the judge on January 31st. I found out that my attorney didn't file a dispute nor

Show up. The judge closed the case. The case can be appealed in 30 days from 31st of January. The Question is what do I do now?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Edward J. Kazaleh
Edward J. Kazaleh
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Wow, that sounds pretty strange. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all of this. Surely there was some communication with your along the way?

I just saw this question and it is outside of your time frame you cited. Did you file a motion to reconsider or notice of appeal or get another lawyer? I hope so.

If not, you may have a possible claim against your own attorney for negligence/malpractice. If you have no attorney now and the potential deadline has passed, I'd like to discuss this further. Please email me:


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.