Downey, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: married with a US citizen. What can i do to fix my status?

I been deported by a judge 1 time and 3 times by immigration. I have been in a federal prison for 5 months. Am married to a US citizen and I have a child with her? What can I do to improve my status in this country?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nasir Khan
Nasir Khan
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Murrieta, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Hello there,

Boy, it sounds like you've been put through the ringer. The first thing I would recommend would be to order your immigration court and arrest records to see if any irregularities might allow you to re-fight your case. Beyond that, you might be able to take advantage of some immigrant visas and waivers, but your multiple reentries and deportations do pose a serious problem. You definitely need an attorney, so consider consulting with one for a full analysis of your options.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.