Round Rock, TX asked in Immigration Law for Texas

Q: My boyfriend intended to came into United States illegal and got detained. What can I do?

He is from El Salvador, I am a citizen how can I help him.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nasir Khan
Nasir Khan
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Murrieta, CA

A: Hello Texas,

Did he just cross in the most recent wave, or has he been here for a while? Depending on when and how he crossed, and the circumstances which led him to do so, he may be eligible to remain in the US. Consider consulting with an experienced immigration attorney for a more complete analysis of his current options. It may be possible that he has a case, and that he's eligible to be bonded out and fight it from outside of detention.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.