Las Vegas, NV asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: i have a green card since 2005 and it will get expire in 11 months i want to know what should i do to renew?plz help me

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nasir Khan Esq.
Nasir Khan Esq.
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Murrieta, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Hi there,

If your green card is expiring, you can file form I-90 to renew it. That said, you should only do so if 1) you don't have any other issues (like criminal convictions, etc.) which might prevent you from successfully doing so, or 2) you're not within the right time-frame for doing so. To make sure that now is the best time to file and to avoid any complications with the process, consider contacting an experienced immigration attorney for a consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.