Saint Petersburg, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: What is the next step for a 2 year green card renewal after filling out form I-751?

If we file the I-751 form 90 days before the expiration date, and the processing time takes longer than 90 days (As we are unsure how long it takes, if we apply in time)

So the question is:

Will the conditional resident still be able to continue working at current company where he is employed as full time if the processing takes longer than 90 days?

Also, what is the avg fee an attorney charges?

Supporting documentation:

- Bank Statements

- Tax Returns

- Lease

- Health Insurance

- Pictures

- Emergency contact

- Authorized for release of medical records

- No itineraries showing travel due to his ongoing health issues

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: This question probably will not be answered by an immigration attorney on this forum. Go see one.

Martins I. Imudia
Martins I. Imudia
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Clearwater, FL

A: You may maintain your work authorization as you await removal of the condition on your green card. However, because your situation may have more to it that is been revealed, I suggest you hire an experienced immigration attorney to assist you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.