Columbus, OH asked in Family Law for Ohio

Q: Daughter has a child with bf. Bf is a full-blown alcoholic. Daughter/son (1y.o.) leave fear for their life.

What rights does she have and what does sheneed to do ? Daughter/son are living with us (parents of daughter).

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lee Thompson
Lee Thompson
  • Lancaster, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Hard to answer without more information. In Oho, if paternity was never established, she doesn't have to let the father see the child. If paternity was established but no parenting time(visitation) was ever ordered by the court, she doesn't have to let him see the child. If they ever lived together,she can consider getting a civil protection order. The best thing for her to do right now is consult an attorney. Many attorneys offer a free consultation.

Best to you, her and your grandson!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.