New York, NY asked in Criminal Law for New York

Q: Myboyfreind was release from jail and was approve for my address can they say he cant stayafter they approve my addrsss

He was release 9-26 they approve my address back in july now that hes home they said he cant stay because of a old dv case which is not what he was in jail for. He can live with his mom in Queens with all past of his crime there, which I live inManhattan can they do that

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Arkady Bukh
Arkady Bukh
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: This would all depend on the precise reason for the decision. Domestic violence cases are taken very seriously and this might need to be cleared up, discuss with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.