Birmingham, AL asked in Collections for Alabama

Q: How do you file a lawsuit against a property who owes you money for work completed in Alabama.

We have a small painting Co. in Alabama we have a company that owes us over $13,000. How do I file a Lawsuit for debt owed?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph A. Ingram
Joseph A. Ingram
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Vestavia Hills, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: I presume that you may be a subcontractor and do not have a contract. That is still ok because you can tsity and show pictures of the work performed. If the party has money or assets, i would file a lawsuit. the question is how much money is at issue?

If you would like to pursue it, call me at 205-335-2640 Ingram Law LLC.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.