Washington, DC asked in Criminal Law for Maryland

Q: Armed robbery, what to do now?

My BF is a convicted felon. He assaulted me and I was so upset I said he robbed my friend and my mom & friend went along with it. I went to the station and didn't press charges. My mother gave a recorded statement and my friend & I have written statements. He now has a warrant..What do I do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jobeth Rocky Bowers
Jobeth Rocky Bowers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Elkton, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: He needs to hire an attorney as soon as possible. As I'm sure you know these are very serious charges, and may also have collateral consequences if he is on parole or probation from the felony conviction.

An experienced lawyer will have the ability to navigate all aspects of this situation with him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.