Lindenhurst, NY asked in Immigration Law for Pennsylvania

Q: i know someone who filed for her husband from a foreign country and agreed to file for his child now the child is here

and the lady started the filing process the only thing left to be done is to send off the medical forms and wait for the interview with the child but the lady is trying to the child by not wanting to complete the filing process.can she be charged or get in trouble if she started the process and refuse to complete it?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Christina Marie Turovskiy
Christina Marie Turovskiy
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH

A: Review the written contract that was entered with this person (assuming there was one). Was this person an attorney? If there was a contract, there should be a clause regarding an accounting of the funds if representation is to be terminated so that you are refunded for money paid but not earned.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.