Fairfield, CA asked in Immigration Law for California

Q: how do i find out what name to use on k1 visa paperwork for my fiancee when she had a birth certificate problem?

my fiancees parents manually typed on her birth certificate a extra name which has be used on all documents till this day. her name is princess hagar jainal but the "princess" part was added afterwards and used for everything. applying for her k1 we don't know what name to officially use and if she should get a name change officially which would take another 6 months or just use hagar jainal.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Tanvir Joshi
Tanvir Joshi
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Fresno, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Disclaimer: The following advice is for informational purposes only and should NOT be relied on as legal advice. No attorney-client relationship is formed through these questions and answers. Check our website http://www.joshilawfirm.com to contact us and discuss your case in detail.

To be sure, I would highly recommended using services of an experienced immigration attorney to review all documents and then give you a correct answer regarding what name to be used.

As different names or mismatching of names can cause unnecessary delays, I would suggest you hire an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.