Arlington, MA asked in Family Law for Massachusetts

Q: I'm a stay at home mom who hasn't worked in 4 years. My husband wants a divorce, my child attends school from 9-12.

I don't know what the next step could be. I'd be happy to work, but whatever money I make would go to childcare from noon until I got off work (wherever that would be). What should I ask for from my husband? Child support? Alimony? I'm very nervous about the future.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Miguel Nieves
Miguel Nieves
  • North Andover, MA
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: You should receive some type of support. This is a great forum for general legal questions. However, it sounds as if you will need more detailed assistance. You should contact an experienced family attorney in your area to discuss your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.