Denver, CO asked in Probate for Texas

Q: i have a probate question

My mother just passed away in Texas where she lived. She had a living trust but the house was not in the trust. The trust was originally done in Missouri. What needs to be done in order to sell the house?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy Hui
Nancy Hui
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Pearland, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: That depends on whether there is a will, whether it was her homestead, who the title owners of the house was, what type of deed the house is under and so many other factors. It is hard to say what's the best way to approach it without knowing further. You should sit down with a probate attorney to discuss your option. One thing for sure is something has to be done or else you will never be able to sell it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.