New Braunfels, TX asked in Probate for Texas

Q: MY father passed away 7 yrs ago I did probate the will, my mother still lives but living in a nursing home. The house

A Nursing home facility.Home is paid off and I was appointed Executor, house taxes are being paid by me daughter,and name left under mothers name. when she passes do I get the house, I am living in it since shes been gone. I am 56 and disabled, do i need to transfer name to me? Mother does not have a will, she has a mental disorder, and I also have a power of attorney for my mom. Thankyou.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nancy Hui
Nancy Hui
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Pearland, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: therr are not enough details of your case for a full analysis. For example, what does the power of attorney cover. Is your mother mentally competent now. Who are the owners of the house. Who are the heirs of your mother. What other assets does your mother have. Is she getting any medicaid benefits. Depending on what the answers are to those questions, you may or may not have right to the house. There are also various ways to try and have the house pass down to you. You will need to discuss your case with an attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.