Palo Alto, CA asked in Criminal Law for Alabama

Q: I have possession of Marijuana on my record. Can I still apply and be eligible for an apartment in alabama?

The charge is 2nd degree and 2 years have passed

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph A. Ingram
Joseph A. Ingram
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Vestavia Hills, AL
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: I do not believe that you can be denied an apartment for a criminal conviction, unless maybe you had to register as a sex offender. I would tell yo to be completely honest on your application, because your failure to disclose it could lead to them denying your application for tenancy.

However, please feel free to call me with teh application and I would be glad to see if there is any language in the application that might be an issue.

Ingram Law LLC

Joseph A. Ingram


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.