Asked in Child Custody for Oklahoma

Q: Is there any way to get the morality clause removed from the divroce decree?

I am the girlfriend. My boyfriend has a 2 year old and is divorced. We want the morality clause removed. Any way to do so? Mom and I get along. She asks me to pick their daughter up from daycare and watch her on days that she works. But she told my boyfriend she doesn't think we should live together. We have been dating for 6 months and are very in love. If she trusts me to watch her would a judge have any problem changing it in the decree?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy J. Pickens
Timothy J. Pickens
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: You can always file a motion to modify /change the language in your decree. One of the easiest ways to accomplish your request would be to get the opposing party to agree to the change. Then present the motion and the signed agreed order modifying... to the Judge for signature. It is always best to review your specific facts with a local attorney. TJP

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.