Kent, WA asked in Medical Malpractice for Washington

Q: My daughter was given a combination of medications, Prozac 20 mg & Diazepam 10 mg, in January of this year. First time

seeing her primary doctor for possible anxiety/depression. My daughter lost the ability to walk, talk, at one point had complete memory loss, including her age, birthdate, where she lives, there are many things she still has problems with, her memory, she is unable to do math even the simplest of equations. My question is: What kind of lawyer do I search for, & how long in the state of Washington do I have to file a malpractice suit? My daughter was 16 when this occurred & now is 17, so do I file or would my daughter. Seems like kids get to have adult decisions they can make at this age.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Adam Studnicki
Adam Studnicki
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Phoenix, AZ

A: Look for a medical malpractice lawyer. I don't practice in WA and don't know the deadlines there. The sooner you contact WA lawyers, the better.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.