Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by Christopher Kirk Steuart
2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Health Care Law and Medical Malpractice for Washington on
Q: What If I work for a medical facility and find that other employees are committing malpractice and doing illegal things?

If the company that hires me are negligent in their training programs and do not train staff properly, and I notice other employees committing crimes and doing things against policy and procedures, is there legal action I can take against them?

Christopher Kirk Steuart
Christopher Kirk Steuart
answered on Feb 28, 2023

Based on the limited set of facts provided in your question it is difficult to determine how serious or dangerous the situation you are describing is. This is an issue of what are your responsibility to the organization, patients, and the broader community. With knowing more, I would say the first... View More

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury for Washington on
Q: I went to have my gallbladder removed and during the procedure my liver was torn and then cauterized. anything I can do?
Christopher Kirk Steuart
Christopher Kirk Steuart
answered on Feb 27, 2023

You clearly suffered an injury. The elements of medical malpractice include violation of the standard of care. If the doctor in performing the procedure failed to perform at the recognized standard of care you may have a case. That said if you suffered a loss is a critical component of the... View More

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Medical Malpractice for Washington on
Q: I have been banned permanently from donating plasma and the facility that did it will not share my medical information

They told me I was tested positive for HIV or hep or ???? The facility banned me permanently from donating plasma. And I have begged for an answer but they tell me nothing. They have scared me to death and will not give me any answers. Nothing they have treated me like this. Deliver the worse news... View More

Christopher Kirk Steuart
Christopher Kirk Steuart
answered on Oct 12, 2022

You should go to your primary care practitioner and ask for testing. This probably not medical malpractice for the plasma center to not tell you why they permanently blocked you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.