Lincoln, RI asked in Juvenile Law for Rhode Island

Q: My 16 y.o.boyfriend got taken to a troubled teens center called ironwood maine against his will, can they hold him there

His dad neglects him, leaving him without food or even talking to him for days. His dad has attempted suicide many times and is severely depressed. He himself went through a cutting phase because of the neglect at home. His brother wants him out too and he basically raised him. His mom died at a young age. His mom's rich parents are the ones keeping him in there, they convinced his dad to sign him in. He used to live with his dad in Rhode Island. He has no reason to be in there, he doesn't have any police record and is a good kid. Is there any way to legally sign him out?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Neville Bedford
Neville Bedford
  • Licensed in Rhode Island

A: Sounds like he needs an attorney. Hopefully, he will find one - or his parents will find one for him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.