Miami Beach, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: Hello, my name is George. I am MD and US resident (have green card) and plan to marry a non US resident who lives outsid

Hello, my name is George. I am MD and US resident (have green card) and plan to marry a non US resident who lives outside of US. I want her to come to US and be able to work. I'm aware of the ~5 year long process of obtaining immigrant visa for her, but I am searching for a faster way to get her here. What options do we have? She has never been in US before and right now only way I see is H1 visa which will be hard for her to get. Advice will be very appreciated.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Immigration attorneys rarely answer questions here, if at all. It is best to go see one about this.

Martins I. Imudia
Martins I. Imudia
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Clearwater, FL

A: She may qualify for other visa options, depending on her educational background and experience. More information is needed about your girlfriend to be able to assist. Please consult one on one with an experienced immigration attorney. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.