Asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: Travel back to India from USA for good with expired indian passport

I am Indian Citizen. I came to USA on H1B work visa. My H1B extension got denied and I could not renew my passport at the Indian consulate in San Francisco, CA because the passport renewal applications are processed for those with valid status only.

My Indian passport has expired now. I am struck at this point. i have tried to contact, Indian counsulate Sanfrancisco to get an emergency document to leave, i still did not get any response from them. could you please help me in any way so that i can go back to India?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Immigration attorneys rarely if ever answer question here. Your best bet is to actually go see one for a face to face consultation.

Martins I. Imudia
Martins I. Imudia
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Clearwater, FL

A: You need to obtain a travel document from Consulate of India. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.