Asked in Domestic Violence for Washington

Q: I got charge for domestic violence misdemeanor ,I moved states before my court date wha's gonna happen?

I moved cuz I couldn't afford to live there , my gf is the one that called the cops on me cuz I pushed her but where still together she called cuz she was mad & now regrets it .. is there any way they could move court to the state I live in know or do I have to go back ?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: When you fail to appear a warrant for your arrest will be issued. They cannot move the criminal case to where you live not. You have to go back.. The best thing to do is hire a private criminal defense attorney there.

Julie Rendelman
Julie Rendelman
  • Domestic Violence Lawyer
  • New York, NY

A: You should contact an attorney in the state where the charge is pending and see if they can find out if there is in fact a warrant for your arrest. If there is, your best bet is to come back and deal with it. If you get stopped for even a traffic infraction, you could end up in jail due to this warrant.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.