Cedar City, UT asked in Employment Law for Utah

Q: I am a contract employee does the company have to comply to what is on the contract.

I was hired out of the city i live in, we do schedule bidding as well and go by seniority, I was lied to about the bid, lead to be-leave it was one schedule to find they senor driver wanted a different schedule that would cost two employees there jobs. The run was moved to my City and this driver lives 55 miles away as i live only 5 miles for where we trade out. They told me i have two days of work when i was hired for full time not part time or could drive 295 mile to do two runs then drive home and do two runs. What can i do about this Thank you

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

A: An attorney needs to go over that contract and speak with you about this to determine what to do and what you can do. When someone breaches a contract, they can be sued for breaching the contract, but that will cost you a ton of money to hire an attorney.

Wesley Winsor
Wesley Winsor
  • Saint George, UT
  • Licensed in Utah

A: The short answer is "yes". As long as it is a valid contract and they have signed it. They have an obligation to honor their duties. You will most likely have a big fight to try and prove an oral contract. If it is written down then, it will be much easier. I would need more information though to give you a better response.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.