Seattle, WA asked in Divorce for Nevada

Q: Can a divorce case be reopened after it is dismissed without submitting new signatures?

A divorce case has recently been closed as fees were never paid. Is there a possibility that the Nevada case could be reopened without requiring a new signature from me?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: Probably not. You would have to file something to reopen the case, and normally anything filed in court has to be signed. By "signature", do you mean a notarized signature? I ask because I'm having trouble understanding why you hesitate to put your signature on the application. It is not difficult at all, while notarization does sometimes take a bit of trouble.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.