Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Nevada Divorce Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody, Divorce and Family Law for Nevada on
Q: How do I get partial custody to have extended periods of time with my child who my wife has taken out of state.

I’m in a legal separation, my wife went on what I thought was a quick trip to see her family and ended up not coming back. She then filed for legal separation. I have had one hearing already and the judge when I asked for my wife to be ordered to return with my child because I did not give... Read more »

Kristofer D. Leavitt
Kristofer D. Leavitt answered on Jan 26, 2018

You will need to seek an temporary or permanent order from the judge. You may be able to do this within the legal separation proceedings or you may need to start formal divorce/child custody proceedings.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce and Products Liability for Nevada on
Q: I bought myself a second car after we were married. We are seperated and he took the car in ny name. What can i do

We seperated because of ohysical abuse on his part. He left nevada and went to oregon. I offered to give him the title he refused to sign it

Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing answered on May 29, 2017

The car is a liability. Suggest you talk to a family law attorney, as you'll want a divorce anyway.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Nevada on
Q: i married a man from Canada 8 years ago in Nevada i need to know if i am still married to him.

he took off in 2010 with all of my jewelry and money. i have been homeless ever since.. I need help i called the Attorney General and was told i could do nothing because we were married.. if i am still his wife can i get spousal support? He must be rich i was his 7th wife

Ali Shahrestani, Esq.
Ali Shahrestani, Esq. answered on Jan 25, 2017

You may seek a divorce, if you want to. If he has remarried, you can alert the authorities re: bigamy. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Nevada on
Q: Affidavit for service by publication.

Hello, I live in Las Vegas and I filed divorce I have 2 kids that live with me....I do not know her address and she wont give it to me, she currently lives in North Dakota. She abandoned the 2 babies and left them with me. I filed my divorce papers with affidavit for service by publication also... Read more »

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Oct 26, 2015

If there is a final hearing, the court might ask you if everything you filed is current. You would have to say that your affidavit of due diligence is not current because you did get the email from her. It would be best if you replied to the email notifying her of the divorce and requesting her... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Nevada on
Q: "VA Disability Compensation is NOT community property, but can be included in computing total income"

What NV law covers this statement for divorce cases? No one has been able to show me anything. I am NOT retired military, receive 100% VA Disability Compensation for injuries received during Vietnam, prior to marriage!!

Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot answered on Sep 29, 2015

My suggestion is to go have a full discussion with a local family lawyer to learn about your specific issue here. The lawyer will be able to ask you questions and get answers.

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Nevada on
Q: Can a divorce case be reopened after it is dismissed without submitting new signatures?

A divorce case has recently been closed as fees were never paid. Is there a possibility that the Nevada case could be reopened without requiring a new signature from me?

Terrence H Thorgaard
Terrence H Thorgaard answered on Sep 8, 2015

Probably not. You would have to file something to reopen the case, and normally anything filed in court has to be signed. By "signature", do you mean a notarized signature? I ask because I'm having trouble understanding why you hesitate to put your signature on the application.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Divorce for Nevada on
Q: In a divorce, is a financial disclosure form required if child support is already established and all assets have been

divided and the couple has lived in separate households for 2 years?

Christopher Carr
Christopher Carr answered on Jul 31, 2015

It really depends on what you are going to Court for. You say assets have been divided. What about debts? Do either you or your spouse seek attorneys fees? The fact that you have lived separate for two years is not really a factor. As a general rule, you need a recent Financial Disclosure Form... Read more »

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.