Texarkana, TX asked in Family Law for Texas

Q: Does the parent have to have custody of the child to receive child support

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Allecia Pottinger
Allecia Pottinger pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Sugar Land, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Typically yes, the Court will order child support to be paid to the parent who has the exclusive right to designate the residence of the child.

Disclaimer. I am licensed in the State of Texas and my answers are only applicable to the State of Texas. The response to your question DOESN’T make me your attorney and was not intended to create an attorney client relationship. A consultation with an attorney is highly recommended to fully answer your questions in detail.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.