Laramie, WY asked in Criminal Law for Wyoming

Q: is he in trouble

Yes. My boyfriend is on probation for unlawful contact (he slapped me on the arm during a argument) terms of his probation is that he sees a counsler and doesn't brake any other law. We got into a heated argument and both said things we didn't mean he theatned to harm me and I left and called the police.They said the would talk to him but haven't yet. I am concerned that this may be enough to get them to revoke his probation and that would really be a set back to his progress because he has really made the effort to change. Can he get into trouble because I called the police?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Robert Jason De Groot

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: Yes.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.