Hialeah, FL asked in Immigration Law for Florida

Q: What is the correct filing process/petition if married w/ 3 kids after husband was ordered removal fr felony gun chrg

I cant afford another attorney and im almost homeless with 3 babies the youngest is newborn. please can anyone please help me.

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Deltona, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Is the marriage irretrievably broken? Have you been a resident of Florida for over 6 months? If so, then you can file a petition for dissolution of marriage, and have the husband served with a copy of the petition and a summons. That might be a bit difficult to do if he is not in the US. You would want to have a temporary matters hearing set for as soon as possible, to get it ordered that he has to pay support.

Martins I. Imudia
Martins I. Imudia
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Clearwater, FL

A: You may wish to contact legal aid or other charity organizations to assist you in the legal process. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.