New Town, ND asked in Criminal Law for North Dakota

Q: what should my son plead in his case which he is charged with drug paraphenalia?

He received his first ticket for this in Oct of 2014. He received another ticket for the same thing in April of 2015. He hadnt gone to court for the first one yet when he got the second ticket. He went to court on the first charge in May 2015 and received probation and was instructed to get a drug and alcohol evaluation, which he did. The only recommendation they had was to do two 8 hour classes on education. He requested a lawyer when he made his initial appearance on the second charge. He is due to go back to court for the second charge in October.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: He needs to talk to the attorney who was appointed to represent him.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.