Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Questions Answered by Lucas Wynne

2 Answers | Asked in Uncategorized for Minnesota on

Q: I had a general mills cereal bar with metal wire like things. They want me to send it to them. Should I or get a lawyer?

I bit into bar and it felt like little pins in my mouth. My gum on bottom was bleeding and top denture got poked in just the right spot and now it's cracking.

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 19, 2019

Bring it to a lawyer

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Traffic Tickets for Minnesota on

Q: My son (28 yrs old) was in an accident and was mailed a ticket for failure to yield to right away.

The box was checked endangerment of life and/or property He was turning left on a flashing yellow arrow and did not see the vehicle coming the other direction. He was clearly in the wrong. Both vehicles involved are commercial motor vehicles. The other driver was taken by ambulance and... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 12, 2019

Having a lawyer should always be a priority for anybody charged with a crime - even if they are at-fault and want to admit they are responsible. The reality is that a lawyer can help your song work out a deal that is more favorable to his interests. Oftentimes, the benefits of a lawyer outweigh the... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for North Dakota on

Q: In our custody agreement, my ex-husband has primary residential responsibility. Our split is 51/49, me being 49%.

If he is planning a trip out of state, is he supposed to make me aware of when they are leaving, for how long and where they are going? As well as obtain my permission to cross state lines with them?

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 7, 2019

The order should address these issues. A lawyer here would not know the answer to that question without reviewing the order.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Minnesota on

Q: Can a predatory offender, that has to register for life, get unsupervised visits with their children?

I am going through a custody situation, after having child support raised. I was given sole legal and sole physical custody in 2011. I had child support raised in December 2018 and a month later I was served with custody papers. My daughter is 9 and her Biological dad is a registered predatory... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 7, 2019

You should get an attorney who cares about your daughter's safety - and pronto.

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for Minnesota on

Q: My 11yr old son sexually touched my 5yr old niece he is going to have court and I don’t know what to do.

I understand he did wrong but he is only a child too and I’m scared of what the court decides. I feel like I need a lawyer maybe?

Lucas Wynne answered on Aug 7, 2019

Juvenile delinquency proceedings in Minnesota are similar but different from adult criminal proceedings. The basic procedure (discovery, plea bargaining, trial, etc.) apply, but younger juveniles often have better opportunities for rehabilitation and to avoid future problems. But to get a fair... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Car Accidents for North Dakota on

Q: A sober person who was pulled over for seeding is asked to take a field sobriety test and fail it have to go to court?

Lucas Wynne answered on Jul 24, 2019

If you receive a notice of a hearing, summons, or warrant then you will need to appear in court.

2 Answers | Asked in Car Accidents, Wrongful Death, Criminal Law and DUI / DWI for North Dakota on

Q: What is the likely hood of getting a leaving the scene of accident dropped down, to next to nothing?no injury, parked.

I have a class A CDL and it is my primary source of income.

the car was parked and i wasnt sure I hit it, i drove away. no one was injured

they already issued a warrant and I paid 750 cash bond

Lucas Wynne answered on Jul 24, 2019

The facts of your case could make all the difference. Attorneys like myself offer free consultations for these type of issues.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for North Dakota on

Q: If a federal felon on probation is pulled over is the right to search any different than someone not on probation????

Lucas Wynne answered on Jul 6, 2019

Generally, yes. It is standard that a person on probation is essentially forced to consent to searches whereas a person who is not on probation cannot be randomly searched.

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law for Minnesota on

Q: apprehended yesterday while leaving a store with two bags. I was extremely fatigued and noticed I had not yet paid

Any recommendations on affordably priced individuals? It was a misunderstanding and I attempted to purchase the items but they did not allow it.

Lucas Wynne answered on Jul 6, 2019

Many attorneys (like myself) help clients afford their case by offering payment plans.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Animal / Dog Law for North Dakota on

Q: I feed, watered & opened window for 2 dog's in hot garage. 90°. I am being charged w trespassing now. Help

Nobody was home at this house. The police told them my name. The dogs were sitting in their own feces & urine...the whole garage was covered of weeks of waste. It was toxic! The door was unlocked, heard the dogs barking for weeks, I called police 3 times

Lucas Wynne answered on Jun 23, 2019

You need a criminal defense lawyer. Most attorneys (like myself) offer free consultations.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody and Family Law for North Dakota on

Q: Can I take my child to an outof state wedding

I am not married to the childs father. He did sign an awknowledgement of paternity. He is saying if I take my daughter to my best friends wedding he will call me in for kidnapping. There is no custody agreement of any kind. He Is trying to force me to leave her with a coworkers wife whom I've never... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Jun 23, 2019


1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for North Dakota on

Q: Does somebody on probation have the same legal rights as somebody not on probation

Lucas Wynne answered on Jun 23, 2019

No. Generally, their probation officer can authorize a search. They are also subject to restrictions.

1 Answer | Asked in Child Custody for North Dakota on

Q: The father to my son is a married man. My son is 8 months old and we have no custody arrangement.

He has not seen my son in over 4 and I have never received any financial support or help with medical bills. I believe his wife hates my son and feel if he asked to have him for a day would Not be a good situation. Can I file for 100% custody? We live in North Dakota.

Lucas Wynne answered on May 22, 2019

If the 6 month residency requirement is met, you can likely file for custody in North Dakota. Consult with an attorney.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Criminal Law for Minnesota on

Q: I owe 22,000 in Restitution, civil fines. Is there a way I can reduce or wave this since it is a unrealistic # to pay?

Lucas Wynne answered on Apr 4, 2019

Theoretically, the judge could issue an order relieving you of that debt. Although, it is not that likely. You will likely need a defense attorney to look into it and see if it’s a possibility.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Minnesota on

Q: If an officer had to use a flashlight outside to see something that was outside, would that be considered “plain view”?

Office at door of house. Says he saw something by the garage in plain sight. But it was dark and he needed to use a flashlight to see it. So is that really “plain sight?

Lucas Wynne answered on Apr 4, 2019

Sounds like plain sight to me, but that doesn’t mean the officer did everything right. You will likely need a lawyer to review your case.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law for North Dakota on

Q: I left my dog with my mom for a week while I went on a trip and now she’s threatening to get rid of her what to do?

I have the official vet record and I can get a proof of purchase what should I do? and what if she already got rid of her?

Lucas Wynne answered on Mar 22, 2019

Ask somebody else to go and pick up the dog.

1 Answer | Asked in DUI / DWI for Minnesota on

Q: I was wondering about the statute of limitations on a DWI I got about 4 years ago.

I was arrested one night and charged with DWI and bailed out the next day. I appeared at my sentencing hearing and was sentenced the usual 30 days jail time, $1000 fine, probation, etc.. I was given 30 days to start my jail time and never turned myself into jail. It has been about 5 years since,... Read more »

Lucas Wynne answered on Mar 20, 2019

You will need to handle the charge. Waiting will just result in getting arrested. You will likely face additional penalties because of the warrant.

1 Answer | Asked in Animal / Dog Law and Personal Injury for Minnesota on

Q: Can an individual licensed to carry a firearm shoot an unleashed dog attacking a leashed dog, or said individual?

Walking in a public dog park or parkway. Just read about this scenario on Next Door...

Lucas Wynne answered on Mar 20, 2019

This is a very fact-specific question. Accordingly, it would depend on what happened. Can they be in trouble for discharging the firearm in city limits? Can they justify their actions? Can they show they were coming to the aid of the other dog? Frankly, the "right" answer is going to depend on the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law for Minnesota on

Q: told to resign or be fired because they suspected smell of alcohol. No breathilizer. Other staff have kept job for same

Worked 5 years. All evaluations are positive. No disciplinary reports in file.

Lucas Wynne answered on Mar 20, 2019

I assume your question is whether you have a lawsuit on your hands - can you show that your employer is actually firing you for a different reason (race, religion, etc.)?

1 Answer | Asked in Trademark for North Dakota on

Q: I'm starting a fashion brand and want to use the name BEAU in a bold font. Will I be able to trademark this later?

I'm concerned with using the name BEAU for my brand if I won't be able to trademark it later. I've searched the trademark database and see similar marks, but I don't know if the ones currently trademarked will prevent me from acquiring mine.

Lucas Wynne answered on Mar 20, 2019

Your question has a lot of variables that could impact the answer. I would suggest consulting directly with a trademark lawyer. The term may be too broad to afford it protection - registering it is one thing, defending the trademark is another entirely.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.