Dayton, OH asked in Family Law and Adoption for Ohio

Q: Can a mother give up parental rights to the father (unmarried) before birth and can his girlfriend co-adopt upon birth?

We are engaged and I am sterile. We would like to impregnate a friend and then she would like to revoke all parental rights to him upon birth and then I will co-adopt the child. When could I adopt the child and do you see any legal hurdles to this?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Family Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: These are not just basic legal question but entail much knowledge and having done research into local cases. Your best bet is to get to a local adoption attorney about these questions that you have. The attorney will be able to have a full discussion with you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.