Ridgetop, TN asked in Communications Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Tennessee

Q: Can I sue DCS for perjury, slander, & failure to perform duties my state obligates them to fulfill during my case?

DCS said a subpoena was signed by me to notify me of court. I had no idea about court & lost custody by default for FTA. No child abuse or neglect alleged or found on me, no failed drug screens by me, no misdemeanor it felony charges by me, how can they just take my children from me?

1 Lawyer Answer
Robert Jason De Groot
Robert Jason De Groot
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Deltona, FL

A: You need to actually speak with an attorney who handles these types of cases, juvenile dependency. Without doing that, there probably is no hands on help available to you. Instead of asking how to get your children back, you ask only if you can sue them? I don't get it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.