Tennessee Communications Law Questions & Answers

Q: Can a corporation require me to give access to my phone at any time and expel me if I do not comply? And is this legal?

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Communications Law and Internet Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Mar 22, 2019
Griffin Klema's answer
It sounds like the fraternity is a voluntary non-profit organization. In the U.S. we enjoy what is called freedom of contract, which allows us to make agreements for all kinds of things. Sometimes agreements can't be enforced (even if you sign them). What the document is describing sounds draconian and far-reaching, and you have good reason to question it. If you want to remain a member of the fraternity, consider just signing it, notwithstanding the risks of being subject to that provision. If...

Q: Can I sue DCS for perjury, slander, & failure to perform duties my state obligates them to fulfill during my case?

1 Answer | Asked in Communications Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Juvenile Law for Tennessee on
Answered on Oct 26, 2015
Robert Jason De Groot's answer
You need to actually speak with an attorney who handles these types of cases, juvenile dependency. Without doing that, there probably is no hands on help available to you. Instead of asking how to get your children back, you ask only if you can sue them? I don't get it.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.